I have made this raspberry pie more than any other pie, even cherry pie. I have even changed many peoples opinion about pie. Just ask my daughter-in-law, Karly who claimed to not like any pies. Karly now says that this is her “favorite pie”! One summer I made 17 of these pies. That is a lot of raspberries, but my children will gladly go pick raspberries when they know I am going to make this pie.
This pie recipe can ONLY be made with FRESH raspberries or strawberries. Frozen fruit will not work in this recipe.
1 pre-baked pie crust (completely cooled)
2 pints of raspberries (4 cups)
1 cup sugar
3 ½ tablespoon cornstarch
4 tablespoons raspberry jello mix
1 ½ cups water
3 tablespoon corn syrup
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, raspberry jello mix, water, and corn syrup in a pot on the stove and bring to a boil for 6 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Put this mixture in the fridge to cool completely.
- When the mixture is completely cool, gently mix in the raspberries.
- Carefully fold into the pie crust and enjoy!
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
I hope you enjoy this raspberry pie as much as we do. 😀